Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Can no longer capture to file?

Note: This archive is from the project's previous web site, ethereal.com. This list is no longer active.

From: "Ravdal, Stig" <SRavdal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 14:39:59 -0600
Title: Can no longer capture to file?

Hi all,

I have been using Ethereal for some time now.

Recently I upgraded to the latest version because of the vulnerability in previous version.  Things look a little different but it’s mostly the same.

However, I can no longer capture to a file.

Example:

I go to Capture > Options I set it up to use multiple files (not that it makes any difference with multiple or single)

I set nextfile every 100MB and every 4 hours (I have played with these options and the result is the same)

I set the file capture directory and put in a name.

When I go to start capture it balks and tells me the file does not exist – this was not a problem before.

Well I figured I could create a file to start from – in this case when I go to capture it just opens the existing file and displays it – no ongoing capture.

I’m kinda stumped at this point – not sure where to go from here.

Has anyone experienced this problem?


Thanks,

Stig